Experience a once in a lifetime event when you visit Alliance Nebraska to view the Total Solar Eclipse. The best place for viewing the Total Solar Eclipse being on  the exact centerline of the eclipse path as the centerline enjoys the longest viewing time. Alliance, Nebraska is located on the centerline of the eclipse.

AND, Carhenge® is the place to be.

Solar viewing areas will be set up at Carhenge, Alliance Airport, and Laing Lake park. With the dry Western Nebraska climate, and the time of year, there is an excellent chance of cloudless skies. Historically speaking, there is about a 50% chance of no clouds on the day and time, a 40% chance of some clouds, and only a 10% chance of a cloudy day.

Alliance, Nebraska is centrally located for eclipse viewers from North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Stonehenge.

Alliance is located 4 hours north of Denver Colorado (DIA) and 2 1/2 hours south of Rapid City, SD (RAP). I believe it was Carly Simon who once sang “Then you flew your Lear Jet up to Alliance Nebraska.  To see the total eclipse of the sun…” (or something to that effect). Fly into Alliance (AIA) at FlyAllianceNE.com

The current events and lodging options are available at CarhengeSolarEclipse2017.com, check back often!

Alliance, Aug. 21, 2017 (MDT)

10:27:03.6am, Partial eclipse begins

11:49:09.2am, Total eclipse begins
11:50:24.5am, Maximum eclipse

11:51:39.8am, Total eclipse ends

1:16:40.8pm, Partial eclipse ends

august 2017

18augAll DayAlliance - Educational and Family Friendly Programs - Laing Lake area

19augAll DayAlliance - Educational and Family Friendly programs - Laing Lake

19aug6:00 pmAlliance - Free Live Band

20augAll DayAlliance - Educational and Family Friendly programs - Laing Lake

20aug6:00 pmAlliance - Free Live Band

21augAll DayAlliance - Solar Eclipse Viewing - Laing Lake

21augAll DayAlliance - Solar Eclipse Viewing - Airport Rodeo Grounds

21augAll DayAlliance - Solar Eclipse Viewing - Carhenge

Let us be your tour guide

City of Alliance Visitors Bureau
PH:
 (308) 736-3876
CarhengeSolarEclipse2017.com
info@VisitAlliance.com